Canggu is a small village located near the main airport in Bali. Although Canggu is becoming a more popular tourist destination, the village still has its traditional charm. With a strong ocean swell, this laid-back beach town attracts many local surfers. Nestled in between rice paddies, there are countless restaurants, delicious cafes, small local shops, and laid-back beach bars.
The D’djabu Villas are not only beautiful, but they are also very centrally located. With that being said, the Villas are tucked back so you will not hear road noise or loud restaurant/bar noises. After a long day of touring, the D’djabu Villa plunge pool is a perfect place to relax and unwind.
Looking for something else? Check out my pre-filtered list of highly-rated hotels.
- Visit the Tanah Lot Temple. This historical Hindu temple built on a dramatic rock formation over the sea is a must! A beautiful time to see this site is at sunset.
- Rent a scooter for the day and tour around.
- Go to the Beach! The beaches in Canggu offer a more relaxed surfer vibe.
- Batu Bolong Beach
- Berawa Beach. A great place to relax in a bean bag and watch the sunset while drinking a cold Bintang.
- Echo Beach
- Pererenan Beach
- Explore the village of Canggu and pop into a cute boutique store.
- Enjoy a relaxing Spa day at Spring Spa Canggu
- Visit the local Rice Paddies! You can easily walk to the rice paddies from D’djabu Villas Canggu.
- Mad Pops (Ice Cream)
- The Shady Shake (Vegan)
- 555 Thai
- Betelnut Restaurant
- Quince Cafe
- Warung Bu Mi (local cusine)
- Moana Fish Eatery
- Cinta Cafe
- The Lawn Beach Bar
- Old Man’s Beer Garden (best live music!)
- Monsieur Spoon
- Hungry Bird
Seminyak is about a twenty-minute scooter ride from Canggu. As stated before, we stayed in the Canggu area. If you are looking for a more lively scene, then Seminyak is the place for you! Large white sandy beaches, trendy beach clubs, local shops, and tasty restaurants make Seminyak a tourist hot spot.
The accommodations in Seminyak are stunning. Many hotels are located near the beach and easily accessible to town and other nearby tourist spots. Making Seminyak a very convenient area to stay.
- Check out some of the top-rated hotels on Booking.com.
- Have a beach day! The white sandy beaches extend for miles.
- Sip on some drinks and enjoy a lively Beach Club.
- Shop! Small boutique shops, local Balinese handcrafts, and large international brands make Seminyak the perfect place to browse for gifts and clothing.
- Visit the nearby town of Kuta for even more beaches and beach clubs.
- Mel’s Travels Tip: If you have time, experience a lovely seafood dinner on the beach in Jimbaran. (Jimbaran is located south of Kuta)
- Sea Circus Restaurant
- Kynd Community
- Nook Restaurant
- Neon Palms
- Motel Mexicola
- Visit any Beach Club
- Tons of trendy clubs are located right on the beach. Enjoy a pool day with drinks, snacks, and stunning ocean views.
- La Plancha
- Potato Head Beach Club
- Ku De Ta
- Mrs. Sippy Bali
I hope this quick guide to Canggu & Seminyak helps prepare you to plan your own perfect Bali Itinerary! If you need any help planning or have any questions, please reach out or message me on my contact page! I would love to hear about how your trip went as well. Tell me in the comments below!