Dubrovnik is the perfect starting point for your Croatian vacation. Impressive stone walls, a bustling Old Town, and stunning views of the Adriatic Sea make Dubrovnik dreamlike. Not to mention, the main airport is in close proximity and is relatively small making customs more simple. Have your accommodation pick you up from the airport and start your trip to the Pearl of the Adriatic!
I recommend staying right outside the old town city walls. Not only will you have beautiful views of the sea and city, but you also will not have to deal with lugging your luggage through the cobblestone roads since vehicles are forbidden.
I suggest Apartments & Rooms Rose. Budget-friendly, clean, and in a perfect location. The view from your own terrace is absolutely stunning! Walking distance to every main attraction, plus the host is extremely kind and welcoming.
For other Dubrovnik accommodations, check out my pre-filtered hotel list.
- Explore the Old City of Dubrovnik:
- Pile Gate & Ploce Gate
- Placa Street (the main street)
- Onofrio’s Fountain
- Simply wander through the streets
- Church of Saint Blaise
- Rector’s Palace
- Dominican Monastery
- Guided City Tours. If you are a die-hard Game of Thrones fan, you can take a tour to see all the filming locations.
- Take a Walk atop the City Walls
- One of the must-do attractions in Dubrovnik. You will experience a totally different perspective of the old town seeing orange-colored terracotta roofs with a bright blue backdrop of the Adriatic Sea.
- Sunset is a beautiful time to walk the walls.
- Tickets can be purchased beside Pile Gate (they also will get you into Lovrijenac Fortress).
- Lovrijenac Fortress
- To take the perfect shot of Dubrovnik, head over to Lovrijenac Fortress. Jetting out into the Adriatic Sea, you will find many vantage points to take pictures from.
- Dubrovnik West Harbor
- Cable Car (or hike) to Mount Srd
- Another breathtaking viewpoint to capture Dubrovnik Old City.
- Lokrum Island
- If you have more time in Dubrovnik, take the short ferry to Lokrum island.
- Sunbathe on the Beach!
- Banje Beach
- Sulic Beach
- Dance Beach
- St. Jacob’s Beach
- My favorite!! Buza Beach for drinks
- Buza Bar (cliff bar)
- Bard Mala Buza (cliff bar)
- Gianni Gelato
Following Mel’s exact Croatian Itinerary? From Dubrovnik head to the island of Mljet.
Or link back to Mel’s Croatian Guide.