Jackson Hole, Wyoming is a breathtaking western destination that is a must travel destination for any type of traveler. Adventure, nature, food and the western culture attracts over 2.6 million tourists a year! This guide is designated for those traveling to Jackson Hole in the winter months for five to four days. Top places to eat, where to stay, and what to do can all be found right here in this easy to follow itinerary for Jackson Hole, WY!
DAY ONE: JACKSON HOLE
- Stay: Hotel Jackson
- After checking into this beautiful hotel walk around the quant town and have wine and tapas at Bin 22.
- Go shopping! There are so many cute shops, you can easily walk the town square and take a peak into most of them. We purchased cowboy hats, which is a must!
- Dinner: Coelette
DAY TWO: SKIING IN TETON VILLAGE
- Ski or Snowboard at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort! Even if you are not an avid skier there are plenty of fun things to do in the tiny town of Teton Village.
- Breakfast: Ride to the top of the mountain on the gondola and have waffles at Corbet’s Cabin.
- Enjoy the mountain! If you are not a skier, walk around the little shops or schedule a spa day at the Four Seasons.
- Lunch: Make reservations prior and ride the gondola to Piste Mountain Bistro. The views are extortionary!
- Apres Ski: Mangy Moose or The Handle Bar. I personally prefer Mangy Moose, more of a relaxed ski bum vibe.
- After a long day of skiing, take a dip in the hot tub at Hotel Jackson. The hot tub sits close to the top of the hotel with stunning views of the mountain.
- Late Dinner: Glorietta. This restaurant is SO tasty. The mozzarella sticks are to die for.
- Night Cap: Silver Dollar Bar & Grill at the Wort Hotel
DAY THREE: DOG SLEDDING
- Breakfast: Persephone Bakery. This quant bakery has a delicious menu! I recommend getting a pot of tea with your meal!
- Dog Sledding to the Hot Springs. There are a few different options here, you can make it a full or half day event. We opted for the full day of dog sledding to the Granite Hot Springs. Readers Note: make sure you are aware of the cancellation policy, they can be pretty strict.
- Happy Hour Drinks: FIGS at Hotel Jackson
- Dinner: The Kitchen
- Live Music & Night Out: Millionaire Cowboy Bar. This is a Jackson Hole staple!
DAY FOUR: WILDLIFE SAFARI
- After a late night out at Millionaire Cowboy Bar, sleep in and then enjoy a hardy brunch at Cafe Geneive.
- The highlight of my trip was the Jackson Hole Wildlife Safari Tour. The Grand Teton National Park is truly breathtaking, our guide Peter was AMAZING!! This company did an excellent job all around, we did the later afternoon half day tour and it felt like just enough time and we were able to see all the animals we wanted too. The guide is so knowledgeable you learn quite a lot about the wild life and the local area.
- Dinner: Snake River Grill
- Night Out: The Rose
TRAVEL TIPS FOR JACKSON HOLE:
- Make reservations at all restaurants and bars if possible. The town is very small and touristy. We made reservations almost two months in advance at some places.
- No need to rent a car, Hotel Jackson offers a free car service to and from the mountain which is a huge money saver. They also offer rides to and from the airport.
- Traveling during Covid? Check out my Covid Travel Sanitation essentials.
OTHER RESTAURANT RECOMMENDATIONS:
- King Sushi
- Healthy Being Café & Juices
- Nora’s Fish Creek Inn
- The Bird
- Picnic for Coffee
- High 5 Pizza
- Teton Thai, great for post skiing
- White Buffalo
- Amangani Grill